Join NairaMan / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,335 members, 6,141 topics. Date: November 15, 2018, 5:39 pm
The Benefits of Online Learning
While there are all kinds of benefits that are associated with learning and furthering your educational goals there are even more benefits to those who wish to pursue online learning in order to achieve those goals. I hope you will find that many of these benefits are quite enlightening and carefully consider whether or not online learning for your secondary education needs will be in your best interests.
1) Convenience. This is a word we are quite familiar with. Right along with instant gratification. We are a society of people who have lived with drive thru banking and fast food and are rapidly moving in the direction of drive thru pharmacies and dry cleaning. We live in a fast paced world and when we can work education into our busy schedules and on our own terms we find that this is something we tend to like a lot. I recommend that you watch for a growing number of online classes and online students in the coming years as more and more professionals decide to further their degrees and their careers.
2) Flexibility. You can take these classes or do the work during your lunch break, while the kids are practicing soccer, or while cooking dinner (depending of course on how well you multitask). You do not need to be in the classroom every night at 6:00 pm for the next five years in order to get the same degree of education. This by no means indicates that you will not have to do the work. The work will not change nor will the fact that you have a limited time in which to complete the work. What will change is that you will have the option of doing the work in the morning, afternoon, or after those 2 a.m. feedings when you can't seem to get back to sleep.
3) Location. There isn't enough that can really be said about this. Online education comes to you wherever you happen to be able to connect to the Internet. Whether you are at home, at work, or your favorite Internet café you can have the convenience of taking your work with you and enjoying the environment in which you are completing your work.
4) Less Expensive. No more convenience meals, childcare expenses, or gas guzzling trips to a college campus that thirty minutes away. You can now enjoy in your own home the benefits of an education without many of the financial hardships that are often associated with attending college. Internet access seems like such a small price to pay when compared with all the reasons mentioned above.
5) Believe it or not, online courses help you brush up your online abilities. Seriously. You will be better at dealing with email, bulletin boards, online research, and you will learn countless other skills along the way that you probably never realized had anything to do with the courses you are actually taking-because they don't. In other words, you are getting more of an education than you bargained for when it comes to online learning.
6) Individual attention. Online students often have more one on one interaction with their professors than students in a classroom. The online classroom is virtual and correspondence through email is essential in this particular learning environment. For this reason it is quite possible that your professors will know more about you and your learning patterns and needs than they will know about most of the students they see two or three times a week in their classrooms.
While these are just a few of the benefits of taking online classes you should carefully weigh the benefits with the things that may be problematic about this particular type of learning situation before you take the plunge. Learning is a lifelong process but if you are seeking a degree you do not want to jeopardize that by taking a course that will not address your specific learning needs. If you feel confident that you can be successful in this particular type of learning environment than I feel you will truly enjoy the experience and the flexibility it brings to the educational process.
International arbitration is increasingly criticized for having become too inflexible, inefficient and overburdened with several debilitating civil courts’ interference predicated on the lex causae and the lex arbitri – the law governing only the mutual rights and obligations of the parties to the
contract as agreed with respect to the material terms of the contract and the procedural law or rules guiding the arbitration itself as agreed by the parties or derived from the law of the seat of the arbitration. It is common phenomenon in international arbitration that the strict application of a particular national law of either of the parties may lead to arbitrary direction in proceedings and decisions in the final award. Often times, the intent of the parties to the contract containing the arbitration clause may be suppressed or defeated entirely because of the ever evolving national laws of the various states which in the resolution of commercial dispute may not be fair or commercially sound. This is more precarious as the business environment, situations, conditions and terms of CORPORATE & COMMERCIAL are never certain but subject to constant changing factors which may not be contemplated by the parties at the time of the contract.
BY STREAMSOWERS & KOHN | Leading Law Firm in Lagos,Nigeria
Nigerian Police Academy 2016 Closing Date / Never Stay Broke Make N30,000 weekly Investing Just N100,000 We Work For You.. / Secondary School Students Caught Having s*x In The School Compound With School Uniform.(pics video)! 18+ / BREAKING: Nigerian polytechnic lecturers vow to continue ASUP strike / News Revealed: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy / People You Should Consult During a Research Work /
Viewing this topic: 1 guest viewing this topic
|NairaMan - Copyright © 2012 - 2018 John Onam. All rights reserved. See NairaMan and NairaBlog|
Disclaimer: Every NairaMan member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on NairaMan.