Join NairaMan / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,234 members, 6,773 topics. Date: February 23, 2018, 7:22 am
NairaMan Forum / Politics / Corruption: EFCC, ICPC investigates 25 Jonathan’s ex-ministers, aides (SEE LIST) (1 Post | 208 Views)
Corruption: EFCC, ICPC investigates 25 Jonathan’s ex-ministers, aides (SEE LIST) by yungcrae(: 6:15 pm On Nov 05, 2016
Not fewer than 25 people that served as ministers, advisers and aides under the erstwhile Goodluck Jonathan are currently under probe by anti-corruption agencies, The Punch is reporting.
According to the report, the 25 are either currently either being investigated or prosecuted by either of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC).
The probes it said range from $15billion arms scandal and the alleged sharing of N23billion stolen oil funds and other corrupt crimes.
Punch reports that from EFCC and ICPC records, Jonathan’s ministers, aides and advisers under probe include:
1. Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, whose assets have been seized and accounts frozen
2. Jumoke Akinjide, a former Minister of State for FCT is being investigated over N650m fraud
3. Amb. Bashir Yuguda, a former Minister of State for Finance over N450m fraud
4. Amb Aminu Wali, a former Minister of Foreign Affairs is being probed over N950m fraud
5. Dr. Nurudeen Muhammad, a former Minister of State, Foreign Affairs, is under probe over misappropriated N500m
6. Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.), a former National Security Adviser, is alleged to have disbursed about $2.1bn arms money.
7. Senator Bala Mohammed, a former Minister of FCT
8. Abba Moro, a former Minister of Interior,
9. Senator Stella Oduah, a former Minister of Aviation
10. Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, another former Minister of Aviation
11. Prof. Viola Onwuliri; a former Minister of State for Foreign Affairs
12. Mohammed Adoke (SAN), a former Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation,
13. Senator Joel Danlami, a former Minister of Labour and productivity
14. Godsday Orubebe, a former Minister of State for Niger Delta Affairs
15. Ibrahim Shekarau, a former Minister of Education
16. Waripamowei Dudafa, a former Special Adviser to the President on Domestic Affairs
17. Hassan Tukur, a former Principal Secretary to the President
18. Dr. Reuben Abati, a former Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity
19. Dr. Doyin Okupe, and a former Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity
20. Kingsley Kuku, a former Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta Affairs and the Chairman of the Presidential Amnesty Programme
21. Col. Ojogbane Adegbe, Jonathan’s Aide-de-Camp
22. Gen. Jones Arogbofa, the Chief of Staff to the ex-president
Also under probe, apart from ministers and aides, the report noted are Jonathan’s wife Patience and his cousin Azibaola Robert, the Managing Director of OnePlus Holdings, are also under probe for an alleged $20m and $40m fraud respectively.
The combined amount of funds seized from the people above who are under probe, when converted to local currency, The Punch reports, is around N115,792,760,499.
Meanwhile, Reno Omokri, a former special assistant to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan on new media, has questioned the anti-corruption war of the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration.
The former special assistant slammed the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over the arrest of Reuben Abati, his former principal’s spokesman.
Viewing this topic: 1 guest viewing this topic
|NairaMan - Copyright © 2012 - 2015 John Onam. All rights reserved. See NairaMan and NairaBlog|
Disclaimer: Every NairaMan member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on NairaMan.