Join NairaMan / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,325 members, 5,885 topics. Date: October 21, 2018, 11:50 pm
Wake up…grumble for five minutes…get dressed and struggle to get to work, school or our place of business…struggle to get back home…close your eyes to sleep, and then five minutes later, it’s morning! This routine is one that I’m sure a lot of people can relate to, and everybody looks forward to the weekend like a cold drink after being in the desert. A large percentage of Nigerians use the weekend to reward themselves for all the hard work they have done all week by hooking up with friends and “turning up”. This is a great way to relieve stress and get mentally prepared for a new week but unfortunately, most people go about recklessly, not taking caution while having fun, and end up in messy or dangerous situations. For all the people who love to party hard all weekend long, you need to follow these simple tips to keep yourself and your property safe.
• If you are going out, make sure that you are not alone. The more people around you, the easier it is for you to get out of /avoid tight situations.
• Avoid parking or walking in poorly-lit areas. This will reduce the risk of your being mugged, robbed or molested
• Go out with very few items. If you are planning to get tipsy, chances are that you might end up losing something, or being robbed. To be on the safer side, go with just essential items.
• Keep track of what you consume. Watch the number of drinks you consume and do not leave your drinks or food unattended. There is a risk that someone will drug an unattended plate or glass, and whoever consumes such runs the risk of being in trouble.
• Avoid getting behind the wheel. To avoid an accident caused by carelessness or drunk driving, get someone to drive you home. Another option is to have the number of a trusted cab service to pick you up; taking random cabs can be dangerous at night. If you don’t want to run the risk of driving at all, stay over at a hotel (more money spent but safer). www.hotelnownow.com gives you the best rates on hotel rooms across Nigeria, so if you ever need to book a hotel fast,you know where to go.
And remember, there is work on Monday, so don’t “turn up” so much that you end up with a hangover on Monday morning o!
Too bad! Top gospel singer changes career because of recession (photo) / Woman stabs husband for drinking her last beer / Kings Day Of Praise Concert 2013: Nigerian Gospel Singers To Hit Abeokuta On Thursday / Nigerian Army Short Service Combatant 2016 Recruitment / Full List Of Winners At The 2013 Ghana Movie Awards / 3 shocking reasons why white men go for black women /
Viewing this topic: 1 guest viewing this topic
|NairaMan - Copyright © 2012 - 2018 John Onam. All rights reserved. See NairaMan and NairaBlog|
Disclaimer: Every NairaMan member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on NairaMan.